D & R develops complete logistics support solutions including training products. When considering a training supplier, it is important to recognize that the supplier you choose for manuals is in the best position to develop and deliver the associated training. The investment made developing subject matter expertise during the manuals effort should be leveraged to meet your program’s training requirements. Our technical staff consists of personnel capable of performing both manuals and training development, and instructor-led classroom training delivery. These personnel are augmented by training and instructional media design specialists who perform the necessary analyses and design work leading to an effective training program.
- Leverage manuals investment for training
- Enable effective job performance
- Instructor-led training and e-learning
- Instructional System Design (ISD)
We view training as the precursor to effective job performance and manuals as part of a toolkit sustaining that performance. This toolkit might also include special tools and test equipment as well as job aids selected and developed uniquely for the system. Enabling effective job performance requires well designed training and the necessary tools to enhance and sustain performance after training. Our view is job-centric, recognizing that training and manuals are important enablers whose goal is to equip personnel with the right knowledge, skills, and tools to successfully accomplish their mission.
D & R has the capability and experience to develop traditional instructor-led training as well as training designed for various forms of Computer Based Training (CBT) and e-learning, including stand-alone PC applications, intranet, and AICC- / SCORM-compliant web-based delivery. Regardless of the delivery method, all of our training is developed using a proven Instructional Systems Design (ISD) process briefly described as:
- Analysis – identification of job tasks, selection of tasks requiring training, and choosing the most appropriate training methods for the selected tasks. This phase may be as directed by the customer in instances where they have pre-determined the tasks and training methods.
- Design – development of learning objectives, and the sequence and structure of the training program. This phase typically produces a training program or course design document and is the basis for subsequent training development.
- Development – preparation of the training documents and media as prescribed by the preceding analysis and design phases. This phase may include In-Process Reviews with the customer to ensure requirements and expectations are being met.
- Implementation – management and delivery of the actual training to the students.
- Evaluation – testing and student feedback to determine whether or not modifications are needed to improve the training.
- Job-centric training
- Military training to MIL-PRF-29612B
- Instructional Media Packages
- Training Conduct Support Documents
- Training Evaluation Documents
- Test Packages
The ISD process ensures that our training is job-centric and enables the desired level of personnel performance. D & R produces a variety of training products resulting from the ISD process dependent on our customers’ requirements. For military customers, we follow the requirements defined by their standards and performance specifications, e.g., MIL-PRF-29612B, and associated Data Item Descriptions, to produce the products including Instructional Media Packages, Training Conduct Support Documents, Training Evaluation Documents, Test Packages, etc. Our commercial customers’ requirements are more typically defined by internally developed specifications that differ in the details, but not in the overall training goal. Whether military or commercial, D & R understands your desire to leverage your support investment to provide cost-effective training enabling operation and support personnel to achieve their mission and get the most from their system.